Hi there. I’m going to jump right into this because I know you don’t want to read a long, drawn out e-book reading page after page looking for succinct information. I know you just want the quick information that you need to get started. Although I don’t mind anyone sharing this information to friends and family legitimately interested in weight loss, no one is allowed to sell this material. But before I jump in, here are the coupon links in case that is what you were looking for. There is a table of contents below. And you can find more info on the new Nutrisystem Flex here. You can learn more about nutrisystem’s select frozen gourmet line here.
Get $50 Off Your First Order + Free Bars, Shakes, and Free Shipping at Nutrisystem.com!
Get 40% off every order + Free bars & Shakes and FREE SHIPPING!
In This Ebook:
I. Nutrisystem In A Nutshell:
II. How It Works
III. Why It Works Well
IV. Pros And Cons
VI. Nutrisystem FAQ
VII. Nutrisystem vs Other Weight Loss Programs (Atkins, South Beach, Weight Watchers)
VIII. How To Get The Most Out Of Nutrisystem / 5 Tips To Ensure Your Success
IX. Nutrisystem Resources
Nutrisystem In A Nutshell: Nutrisystem offers a free membership that includes access to online help, counseling, classes, etc. Anyone can log on to Nutrisystem and get a free diet analysis, read the online newsletter or chat in the nutrisystem chat rooms or receive counseling from the weight loss counselors and sign on to receive a daily dose of encouragement email.
On the Nutrisystem program you buy the prepackaged foods from the company. Most of these are pretty darn tasty for diet foods and there are literally countless options from which to chose(over 130 to be exact. There are choices like pizza, cereal, cake, fudge, macaroni and cheese, pancakes, etc.) All tastes and preferences are covered here and you are allowed free reign with the program’s carbs and sweets. For a full food list, scroll down. Nutrisytem’s foods are known to be low in “bad” carbs and very high in “good” carbs and proteins. The company calls the diet “the best of both worlds” low fat AND good carb.
They offer a “28-day NutriSystem Advanced Program” where you eat their foods for four weeks. You eat five times a day and the portions are already measured and the calories are counted for you. This is a very easy diet to follow and because you’re eating very often, you don’t get as hungry as you might think. The Advanced System also offers free weight loss counseling and resources like a motivation makeover and free exercise videos. The Advanced food has added fatty acids and fiber for heart health and for a feeling of being full. (affiliate disclosure)
Nutrisystem is ideal for diabetics or people keeping a close eye on their blood sugar. Most of the Nutrisystem meals contain foods that are “low glycemic and high protein.” Nutrisystem has replaced “empty carbs” with “good carbs,” and add more protein to the meals.
The idea is to help keep your blood sugar levels stable and your metabolism going strong, so that you can burn more fat (called ketoisis).
Nutrisystem says it’s diet is a “no brainer” way to lose weight. Indeed, some really busy folks love this diet because they don’t have to think about what they are eating and can concentrate on becoming healthy.
Others have said it helps them stay on their budget and stay on their diet. They stay away from the grocery store where they are tempted to spend money on fattening foods. That is another advantage to consider. (affiliate disclosure)
How Does Nutrisystem Work?
Once you’ve decided to get started, you will chose which foods you would like to eat during your 28 day program. You can also add on any extras you think you’ll need. The package is usually shipped out quickly and from that package get started and build your meals.
Why Nutrisystem Works Well: From all of the research that I have done, Nutrisystem is so successful for a few reasons. First, the program is very easy to follow. You are given a large variety of “safe” choices, but there is no shopping, counting calories, adding points, tallying calories versus exercise, etc. You are also allowed to have a good bit of carbs and snacks and foods that make you feel like you are cheating when in fact, you’re quite safe. You are also given a lot of leeway on adding fresh fruits, vegetables and low fat addition to your meals, offering you further variety. Plus, the plan is ultra convenient. You can easily take the meals with you. And, it’s a great plan for busy people who don’t want to have to prepare or think about what they should eat. Because it’s so easy to follow, people stay on it and therefore get results. (affiliate disclosure)
Nutrisystem Pros: Simple: Very little guesswork, preparation, shopping, etc. involved.
Effective: Typical weight loss is over 2 pounds per week and is ongoing.
Relatively Inexpensive when compared to grocery bills and eating out.
Very User Friendly: Support articles, chat rooms, and tips offered throughout the Nutrisystem website.
Cons: If you are easily bored, or love to cook elaborate meals yourself, you’ll only be adding variety to your prepackaged meals. There are 100s of prepackaged choices available and there are also recipes to even get more out these choices so experiment so that you aren’t bored or get into a rut.
Further Thoughts: Nutrisystem is extremely popular right now. With Jillian Barberie, Marie Osmond, Danielle Fishel and Tori Spelling losing tons of weight and being back to a size one, Nutrisystem is known for being relatively easy, convenient, and effective. (affiliate disclosure)
Nutrisystem FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions):
Does Nutrisystem offer counseling services? Weight loss is a very personal undertaking and it can have its challenges. Luckily, Nutrisystem provides UNLIMITED counseling, with no additional charge, to help you stay on track and reach your goal. I personally have found this a very helpful service. Jenny Craig and Weight Watchers charge ALOT for their counseling and nutrisystem offers it for free.
How do I reach a Nutrisystem counselor or a NutriSystem dietitian? To access a member of the NutriSystem Counseling Team or the Nutritional and Dietary Services Team, once you’re logged into the Nutrisystem web site, simply click on the “Counseling” tab in the menu bar at the top of the page. You’ll be taken to a page where you can begin a live chat with a NutriSystem counselor or dietitian, or get contact information to reach a counselor or dietitian via email.
Does counseling cost extra? Nope, the only think you pay for at nutrisystem is your food. There are never any meetings to schedule, either—you just hop online, or pick up the phone, and you can get the information you need, at a time that’s convenient for you. NutriSystem counselors cannot provide you with any medical advice, though, so these questions should be directed to your personal physician. (affiliate disclosure)
Nutrisystem DIET VERSUS OTHER DIETS
How does the Nutrisystem program compare to the Atkins diet? The Nutrisystem program stresses a healthy balance of good carbohydrates, proteins and fats. It teaches you to eat a variety of foods instead of just concentrating on one area (protein) to lose weight. Unlike Atkins, which is a low-carbohydrate diet that’s high in fat and protein, the low-fat NutriSystem Nourish program has you eating good carbs to lose weight. Your body craves carbohydrates, and by learning to choose healthy ones, you cultivate a balanced, lifelong solution to eating well and keeping the weight off for good. Best of all, with NutriSystem’s wide selection of meals and desserts, you’ll never have to face the problem of what to eat when you just can’t stand the thought of another piece of meat! I personally loathed Atkins.
How does the Nutrisystem program compare to the South Beach Diet? The Nutrisystem Program gives you the great combination of low Glycemic Index carbohydrates in convenient prepared meals. Like South Beach, with Nutrisystem, good carbs help you lose weight, but the NutriSystem Advanced foods also offer optimal amounts of protein and the increased effectiveness of eating prepared meals. In a recent study done by Brown University Study, people attempting to lose weight by eating prepared meals lost an average of 31% more weight than those who prepared their own meals. The ease and convenience of the Nutrisystem program fosters maximum weight loss. You’re not preparing complicated meals or recipes, but instead can enjoy healthy, balanced pre-prepared foods that are all ready to go when you are. It’s the real life solution to getting the glycemic advantage. (affiliate disclosure)
How does the Nutrisystem program compare to Weight Watchers? The Nutrisystem program has taken all the work out of weight loss. The prepared meals and desserts give you the right amount of food every time and you’re never left preparing complicated recipes or guessing how many points are in a certain food or meal. I hate tallying points and calories and I don’t want to carry around that silly chart. Nutrisystem has taken all of the work and guess work out of dieting. All you do is chose the food, pop it in the micro, and you’re good to go. For more information, check out the Nutrisystem site.
What is the Glycemic Index? The Glycemic Index measures the quality of carbohydrates and their impact on your blood sugar. Carbohydrates that break down slowly in your body encourage stable blood sugar levels, which is good, so they rate well or “low” on the Glycemic Index. On the other hand, carbs that break down too quickly cause your insulin levels to spike, and high insulin levels cause your body to store fat, so these carbs are given higher glycemic values. These “bad” carbs also leave you hungry soon after a meal, so if you’re looking to lose weight, you should seek to incorporate more “good” carbs with low glycemic values to keep your blood sugar levels stable and you metabolism burning strong.
Do I have to visit a center to participate in the Nutrisystem program? No! The Nutsisytem program is a complete at-home program. You simply order your NutriSystem Nourish meals and desserts online and they’re delivered right to your home or office. You participate from the privacy of your home, with no center visits or public weigh-ins. However, if you choose to, you can call or go online to chat with one of our weight loss counselors. In fact, we recommend this at the start of your program to make sure all of your questions are answered and that you get off to a great start. And of course, there is never any charge for this service. NutriSystem always provides free support and the freedom to get the answers you need at a time when it’s convenient for you. Say goodbye to inconvenient appointments at a weight loss center-the program works around your schedule and fits easily into your busy lifestyle.What does my FREE membership include? Believe it or not, at Nutrisystem, you never pay extra for weight loss counseling and support! Once you sign up (which is free), your FREE membership includes many added features to help make your weight loss program the most successful it can be. (affiliate disclosure)
How To Get The Most Out Of Nutrisystem: Five Tips To Ensure Success
1. Make sure your attitude is in the right place before you start. Your attitude toward your weight loss will play a significant role in your success with Nutrisystem. There are countless medical and psychological studies that prove your attitude dramatically effects your results. Go into any weight loss program feeling good that you are making a powerful, positive decision that will lasting effects on the outcome of your life. Don’t go in looking for a quick fix but a lifestyle improvement. Nutrisystem is not all about numbers on a scale. It’s about feeling better, making positive changes and gaining more energy. It’s about making your own happiness, health, self care and well being as high a priority as pleasing others. Make sure your attitude is heading in this direction before you start.
2. Plan well in advance. Nutrisystem makes this diet really easy and convenient by providing most of your meals. However, Nutrisystem unfortunately can’t make every decision. Think about what you’d like to eat the day before and at least portion it out and gather all of the ingredients you’ll need for any additions beforehand. (Bagged salads, prepacked stir fry veggies and the George Foreman grill can be a Godsend here). The reason for this is if you’re hurried, traveling, etc. you’ll be more apt to eat out or make poor choices if you haven’t already portioned out your meals and packed or prepared them. Don’t allow yourself to get in a situation where you’ll have to make an unfortunate decision and then feel regret or guilt later. The easiest way to avoid this is to make these decisions when you’re calm and in a good place. Each good day feeds on itself and is followed by more good days.
3. Feel free to personalize to enhance your experience. If you spend time in Nutrisystem chat rooms, you’ll get WONDERFUL ideas about how you can personalize this plan. Here are just a few of the ideas I’ve picked up there: If you love Starbucks as many people do, put your Nutrsiystem latte or cappuccino into your old Starbucks cup or to go cup. Suddenly, you won’t feel as though you’re making a sacrifice. There are also countless recipes in the chat rooms that tell you how to take foods from the monthly packages and make them into something else. (Free Recipies at the end of this ebook). For example, the oatmeal can be used to make muffins or cookies. . You can add a variety of veggies to the scrambled eggs to make an omelet or quiche. Shaved ice with sugar free syrup makes a darn good snow cone! The possibilities are endless. Feel free to play around with what you’re given so that you love your personal experience.
4. Incorporate fun physical activity: The average 2 pound per week weight loss, I’ve found in my research, does not typically incorporate an exercise program. Adding even a small amount of exercise can really kick up and speed up your weight loss. You don’t have to become a gym rat or a muscle head. Just think about what you activity you like doing and do it with more intensity and for longer. Gardening, walking, running around with your kids or loved ones, dancing, fixing or washing your car, etc are all forms of exercise if you put a little muscle and time behind them. You aren’t required to do exercises you don’t like. If you move more than you have been, you will likely lose more weight. You’ll be taking in less calories on Nutrisystem and if you add burning more calories to the mix, in whatever way you wish, it makes sense that you might lose more weight.
5. Have fun with and on this plan: Simply put, no one is going to stay long term on any weight loss plan if they are having a miserable experience. Nutrisystem offers a lively, supportive chat room on their website and lots of informative articles. If you need support, it is there for the taking. Don’t allow the quest for losing weight to rule your every thought. Knowing that you are making positive changes and following the plan is absolutely enough. Allow that to give you piece of mind. The way it is supposed to work is that by following the plan, you will see results, feed off of those results and the process will continue. But, it IS a process and it’s important that you enjoy the process and not become obsessed with the end result. The end result will come if you keep making the choices and actions to get there. It’s really that simple and there’s no need to over think it. The plan is designed to be easy, convenient and not to require a lot of hard work. So, follow the plan, get in more physical activity and enjoy your life. That’s the best advice I can give.